Thursday, November 17, 2005

Life is crazy!

As my life continues its non-stop craziness, I thought I'd take a minute to share what's going on... First, I have to be ready for my Sunday night program coming up, which I'm not because I had to finish arranging post-retreat stuff and do my 2006 youth budget. Second, I'm speaking at a retreat in Cle Elum this entire weekend, for which I need to have 4 messages, small group questions, and activities and slides prepared for. The hard part is, third, I have to be prepared to discuss how we're going to do Advent this season ("outside the box" style). I drive straight from the retreat back to church to do my program. After that I have three days to do a week's work before taking off to do Thanksgiving (which will be great), followed shortly after by me running the Seattle Marathon. Tiring.

The good news is that I ordered Stan Grenz's final book, which looks extremely difficult yet entirely amazing. Maybe someday I'll write about what he did for my life. It's great to meet a theologian who is also a caring human being. Good heart and mind together...that's my dream.

Peace,
Matt

No comments: