Tuesday, November 01, 2005

We Survived!

We went on a retreat last weekend, and somehow I actually managed to get every kid and leader home alive! Beyond that, we actually had a good retreat too! It was weird for me to be the behind the scenes, planner-type person, a stretching role for me. I've been encouraged by the conversations that occurred and the response I have received so far. I really didn't want to do a retreat just because that's what youth ministries do, and I think we succeeded in making it something more. I still don't know what I'm doing most of the time, but I'm following my beliefs about ministry and it seems to be working so far...

In other news, I am thinking about actually starting a MySpace account, not because I really want to, but because all my students have one and write back and forth constantly.

In other, other news, I'm going to run 22 miles this Friday. After that I start tapering down until the marathon at the end of this month. It's funny, but I actually think I'm going to be able to make it! Crazy.

Peace,
Matt

Currently Reading: Woman, Child for Sale by Gilbert King.

Currently Listening To: The Postal Service. Also, I've been listening to a David Sedaris reading that my friend Kelly gave me. It is brilliant/hilarious.

No comments: