Thursday, March 13, 2008

Two Posts in One

These two things on my mind are really quite connected, so I am making the blog version of a run-on paragraph...

First off, a friend (thanks Shauna!) was listening to a Rob Bell sermon and heard him mention Banksy. She looked him up, then convinced me to do the same. Spend at least twenty minutes on his site. Then check him out on youtube. This guy is awesome. I want to be him. But instead I'll just continue to look at his artwork and be glad.

Randomly enough, "Banksy" did a series of images on the wall put up by Israel to keep the West Bank out of sight, along with the Palestinians living there. This of course continues to prove why the nation of Israel is one of the worst in the world, and doesn't make us look good supporting it. But I digress. The fascinating thing was one particular image shown below, which is Mt Shuksan (at least I'm 90% sure it is) randomly enough, painted in Palestine.



This becomes two posts in one because the image within an image seen above is where I spent last weekend. I was up in the mountains and it was BEAUTIFUL! I was the Northern Lights for the first time in my life and all I can say is that I was reminded once again that the PNW truly is the most beautiful place in the world. End of story.

I took some teens up there on a retreat. I am thinking that sooner or later I am going to have to do some writing/thinking about what a retreat is and why we have them. But that's for another day.

Peace,

Matt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes and yes.

Justin said...

I looked through everything on that (extremly slow) site but never found the picture you posted...

My name is Shauna said...

you are more than welcome. it was about time that i showed you something cool since you are always the one who has all the interesting links and info.