Thursday, March 20, 2008

Books, Books, Books!

Yesterday morning I met Wayne for coffee in downtown Bellingham (thanks for meeting up Wayne!). Walking to my car I passed a local used book store and decided to dig through their free book boxes out front. Usually I can find a book or two I like on a good day. Instead, I discovered that they had decided to dump piles of amazing books! I left with a good 20 to 30 books! Here are some of the titles I picked-up that I can remember right now:

The Last Temptation of Christ by Nikos Kazantakis
The Imitation of Christ by Thomas A'Kempis
Principles of Sacred Theology by Abraham Kuyper
Basic Writings of Jonathan Edwards
Listening to Your Life by Frederick Buechner
Christianity through the Centuries by Cairns
Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell (already own, giving away as a gift)
The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene (already own, giving away)
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
The Best Known works of Flaubert
A Preface to Paradise Lost by C.S. Lewis
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemmingway
The Chosen by Chaim Potok
Selected Poems of Robert Browning
The Aeneid by Virgil
A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
China's Cultural Revolution: not a dinner party
White Man, Listen! by Richard Wright
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
The House of Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne

There were more, but my memory is not that swell. That my friends is what I call a productive morning!

Peace,
Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me?!? Hey, I'll trade you something for that Rob Bell book. Maybe, "Your God is too White" and another book of your choosing? It's like a nerdy form of Baseball cards isn't it?

Anonymous said...

holy cow...
next time I'm hittin up that place...