Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Roubaix


Above is a picture of the Specialized Roubaix, the bicycle I now ride. I know this will interest few if any of my blog readers, but it's my blog and I'm excited, so I'm telling you about it!
.
The Roubaix gets its name from the French town of Roubaix, located in the North of the country. More specifically though, it gets its name, as well as its reason for being created, from the Paris-Roubaix race, also known as The Hell of the North. This is a race over cobblestones that break bones, puncture tires, and make even the best racers throw in the towel. This bike helps by eliminating a lot of shock from the road. And its light, fast, and freakin' awesome. I went on my maiden outing with it today, riding 25 miles to Birch Bay in near-freezing rain and it was tremendous! I have never rode a bike that was even half as good as this one. I went up hills as if they weren't even there. I went so fast down some larger hills that I was actually frightened (especially when I started catching up with traffic)! All I can say is that I have never been into having the best stuff, but am learning that quality really does make a difference. Not to sound totally materialistic, but I love it. This is a great bike!
.
On a side note, I will say that I got this bike from my mom. It was my dad's. I had a series of weird feelings taking it, but now, when I ride it, I just think of him constantly and it feels good. I feel like we can share this connection and it is awesome.
.
Peace,
Matt

No comments: