Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Mark

Heard an interesting report on my way to work this morning on NPR. In New Hampshire, many are rejecting the Real ID Act and may even start up a rebellion, which is apparently legal in the state whose motto is "Live free or die." There's a small article here on it as well.

So why am I posting this? Partly because I find our continual fear somewhat humorous. More importantly, though, is the one mention of Christians on the NPR broadcast. Of course it's not followers of Christ looking out for the alien among us, or discussing the dangers of over-involvement with the government when the Kingdom should be their first priority. No. As usual, we're afraid of the mark of the beast. Why? Because we preach absolute ignorance from the pulpit and arrogance in our daily lives. I'll say it one last time: ignorance and arrogance are a dangerous mixture.

Peace,
Matt

By the way, I went to the Church has Left the Building conference last weekend in Seattle. I'd love to blog a bit about it, but have a retreat this weekend and am simply too busy to put much thought into anything else...

No comments: