Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Willow Creek Leadership Conference

Yes, this Thursday through Saturday I will be going to the Willow Creek Leadership Conference being hosted at Cornwall Church. I am trying to have a good attitude, but I also know that I have been to five before this one and have yet to be impressed. There have been good speakers, don't get me wrong, but I think this conference has definitely pushed the idea of leadership too far. This is especially true when I think about how much Christian spirituality has been pushed-out of pastoral ministry. Is our job to cast vision or point to the work of the Spirit? Hybels needs to read some Merton and Eugene Peterson books...

I'll give a full update when I return, with lots of ministry news as a bonus.

Peace,
Matt

Currently Reading: Practicing Passion: Youth and the Quest for a Passionate Church by Kenda Creasy Dean. I've only read the first chapter, but it's already blowing my mind and making me shout hallelujahs out of my office!

1 comment:

P.T. Peterson said...

Have fun at the Willowship Summit. I look forward to a good, scathing review.