Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Random Life Tidbits

Here's what is happening in my life right now:

1. We officially bought a house and are all moved in. That is to say, all of our stuff is inside of its walls. I am now a resident of Ferndale, WA (or Ferntucky as my students say). We are mostly moved into the master bedroom, but everything else has to wait as we paint, rip out the carpet (which smells like dog), and put in Pergo flooring. And that's just the start! I rode my bike to work today, only to discover that Ferndale is a lot further from Bellingham than I thought!

2. I am getting ready for September 18th, which is the first day of our massive shift in the way we do youth ministry. It is frightening because it means putting everything that I believe about ministry out there and seeing if it "works." I really can't imagine going back once we start, so if this isn't successful in the eyes of my superiors, I really don't know what I would do.

3. There is an idea that was floating around in my head for months that I have now verbally shared with some friends concerning starting a business where all the profit goes to charity. At least, that's all I want to share about it right now. It's scary to talk about because it's something I really dream of doing but am not confident about.

4. I have fallen in love with some new CD's: everything by Wilco (my little brother burned all of their CD's for me) and The Killers album Hot Fuss.

That's my life right now.

Peace,
Matt

Currently Reading: Practicing Passion: Youth and the Quest for a Passionate Church by Kenda Creasy Dean.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

OK, I'll bite...what's the drastic change that you're making in youth ministry? I'm a youth pastor in central PA, looking for ways to get after the missional student ministry.