Monday, May 02, 2005

The State of Blogging

I'm new to this blog-world, but I'm already finding it intimidating and fascinating at the same time. It's amazing to realize how many cool people are writing absolutely amazing stuff that isn't in a book, but just on some random website! At the same time, it is hard to find your way around. I find good, strange and lame blog sites whenever I go looking, and there are already so many of them all over the internet!

How do I filter? What should I read? Who should I believe? The answers are becoming more elusive as the voices multiply! I wonder if Heidegger would see all these people writing and talking and just say that "the most thought-provoking thing in this thought-provoking age is that we are still not thinking." Maybe not. I guess I just want a blogging phone book or something.

Peace,
Matt

Current books: finished The Last Word and the Word After That this morning (will comment soon); also reading The Heavenly Man.

No comments: