Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Unemployment

Today is day three of being without a job. The most commonly heard phrase in my house during those past three days: "this is great...we should never work again." I have gone for a long bike ride every day, went for long walks around Bellingham, watched two movies (including Juno, finally, which lived-up to it's praise), read, spent time with my wife and daughter, spent time with friends, rode my skateboard, taken both cars in for long overdue work, and did some bicycle repair as well. I feel as if I let go of the world and regained my soul. It is marvelous. Honestly I am tempted to get a part-time job, sell my house, and choose a life of freedom over work. It is great!

Peace,
Matt

8 comments:

Kurt Ingram said...

i envy you, i hate money and all that comes with it. There must be a different way, maybe you can find it. By the way i just paid $45 to sit in for 3 days with Miraslov Volf at Princeton for this thing called Envision 08, you should come.

Peace.

My name is Shauna said...

hey i am in! we should start a commune and all work part time jobs! and share the bills...

Anonymous said...

dude, welcome to my world. I've been inviting you into it for some time now, finally you can take the invite. and who is this indy fellow? Complete stranger to me.

Kurt Ingram said...

ron i love you, i have asexual dreams about you, and yet my brown friend perishes for lack of knowledge of me, you have heard it said that work is good... but i tell you work is stupid

Matt Martinson said...

Commune, good. Volf, good (but free would be better). Kurt and Ron having some sort of word "asexual" inuendo on my blog, not good.

Anonymous said...

that's all kurt.

-ron

Unknown said...

I just started month three of involuntary unemployment... wooo... Do you know how many books I have started writing? Many.
I just started one that you might find interesting; science fiction based on the advancement of technology projected 50 years into the future (when you're eighty) coupled with the advancement of post modernism into mainstream and the dissolution of capitalism. Should be fun!

Unknown said...

I didn't mean to sound "smart" there... that's not me. I'm just a guy. A nerdy, nerdy guy.