Monday, November 20, 2006

Two Prayers for this Day and Week

Jesus, I desire to start this day with you. And yet, my mind keeps flitting to so many things: the projects I want to accomplish, the people I want to talk to, the people I wish I didn't have to talk to.
I wonder. Are these things distractions to spiritual concentration or invitations to see God in the ordinary? I'm not sure. Jesus, I know that you are the Center who knows no distraction. So I offer up my mental fragmentation to you, O Lord my God. May my scatteredness become your gatheredness. As I'm contemplating a thousand things, Jesus, may I somehow be contemplating you.
-Richard Foster

Listen, GOD! P lease pay attention!
Can you make sense of these ramblings,
my groans and cries?
King-God, I need your help.
Every morning
you'll hear me at it again.
Every morning
I lay out the pieces of my life
on your altar
and watch for fire to descend.
-Psalm 5 (Message)

Peace,
Matt

1 comment:

ronpie said...

amizzle