Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A New House

It is official...Effie and I are buying a house! Technically we are doing the inspection this morning, and if everything turns out okay, we are buying the house. Close enough. I am very excited, though it means we will be moving to the thriving metropolis of Ferndale. It's not that bad of a drive, though, and it gives me an excuse to buy a motorcycle. Can't complain there.

Other than the house, life is pretty much consisting of me working my butt-off right now. We are taking a group of students to Creation next week, and I have to have a budget in this week for our Fall retreat, which isn't until the end of October! It'll be good though--I think we are doing a 90's theme, and spending the weekend focusing on worship (especially if I can convince Mr. Ron Pie to come). Life is busy - - so much for focusing on Sabbath this summer.

Peace,
Matt

Currently Reading: Teresa of Avila : The Progress of a Soul by Cathleen Medwick. I bought it at a thrift store for $2. It's a good start if you want to understand this strange mystic, but I would add that it isn't exactly the most thrilling book, even though it involves a woman who is visited by God and Satan on a very regular basis.

No comments: