Thursday, June 12, 2008

Matt News

Okay, so I haven't really been posting much lately. The truth is that I've been job hunting, fathering, and not really putting much thought into anything else. But tonight while I have a few minutes, I'll share what's new with me:

  • I got a job. It starts next Tuesday. The only issue: it's landscaping and I have a back that likes to go out. This should be interesting.
  • Sunday will be my first father's day. Cool.
  • I wrote another article for the silhouette page, and it should be up by tomorrow.
  • I signed-up for the Mt Baker Hill Climb (Ride 542). It is a brutal hundred mile bike ride and I am pumped! I'm going to climb some hills outside of Yakima on Saturday to help me train.
  • I traded-in some books and got a stack of sweet used ones last week. I'll fill you in as I read them.
  • Yesterday I almost had a fateful meeting with Bill Lincoln, who founded and runs CRI. It didn't work out and we are now rescheduling, but I tell you: Google search CRI and see for yourself how cool this guy is.

That's the news from me. I'll try to blog something worthwhile soon.

Peace,

Matt

7 comments:

Kurt Ingram said...

that's a brutal ride man, should be fun. i went to this thing last weekend and it messed me up, the next day my wife and i had our first ever "kurt you are a heretic" type fight. It was good and hard. I envy your landscaping job, i think Carol is finally on board with the coffee shop idea so we might start a fair trade coffee company and do as many other fair trade products as we can, we have some really good ideas and i think we might move to the center of a rough neighborhood to do it, but having kids complicates things. Anyway we need to talk soon. Peace.

Anonymous said...

kurt, you should've done that here in Bellitown.

Matt, Starbucks is openging another shop in Ferntucky just so you know. (in case your back goes out. I don't know when, but I think before the end of hte year.

Kurt Ingram said...

starbucks is great for corporate weiners

Kurt Ingram said...

actually i think i need to work there for a few months to glean/steal ideas and stuff

Matt Martinson said...

I think my back is already out... And I think I need to start a coffee shop with Kurt and Carol...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the landscaping job...I know a couple great orthopedists and one very talented PA. Try Northwest Orthopaedics in Mount Vernon. Good people, great drugs.

Kurt Ingram said...

if you get bored landscaping you can listen to my last sermon and tell me what you thought, remeber that i am speaking to conservative fundamentalist, which is basically the description of this place i am trying to see the Kingdom Come in the midst of.
http://www.gracechapelpa.org/files/podcast_files/Redefining%20Success.%20Kurt%20Ingram.mp3