Thursday, February 28, 2008

What I'm Excited About

There is a lot coming up in my neck of the woods and I am getting excited to attend at least some of these events/lectures. Check these out!

March 1: Dr. Darrell Bock will be giving a free lecture at 7pm at Bellingham's Mt. Baker Theatre, put on by Logos Bible Software.

March 4: Metropolitan Kallistos (aka Kallistos Ware) will be speaking twice in Seattle, once at 9:30 am and again at 7:30 pm. I haven't quite figured out how to attend both, but I will. It is also free, put on by SPU, and hosted by First Free Methodist Church.

March 12-15: Trinity Western University is having a symposium titled Politics and Religion. It is free (yes!) and includes Richard Kearney, Simon Critchley and Paul Gottfried among the lecturers.

April 11-12: Brian McLaren's Everything Must Change Tour hits Seattle's First Free Methodist Church. Boy, that church sure hosts a lot of events. I won't be able to afford this one, though I am not opposed to sneaking in if I am in the area...

April 12-13: Seattle Green Festival. I think this would be awesome to attend. Nuff said.

Alright, those are my tips on what to do if you live in the PNW and want to have your world changed for the better. Hope it helps.

Peace,
Matt

No comments: