Monday, September 17, 2007

Losing My Dad


My dad passed away four days ago, on September 13th. It is an awe-inspiring event to be on the family side of a memorial and see how many people have come to remember and pay their respects to your father.

Thank-you to all of you who have offerred your prayers and support over the past few years as he fought and fought some more against cancer. He never gave up and fought until the end. I hope I can become that good of a man.
.
Some friends and family asked, so I have attached a letter I had written to him just a day before he passed. It sums him up rather well. You can read it here. And below is the video I made with my brothers for the memorial service.

Peace,

Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that we have never met in person, but I feel very connected to you in the mourning of our fathers. My prayers go to you and your family.

Peace,

Tyler

Anonymous said...

I love the video. We're going to have one at my dad's memorial service this Friday. Unfortunately, my dad's taste in music wasn't as good as yours. No Hendrix for us, we get Carley Simon.