Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Randoms

Here's some random stuff I thought I'd link today. Not much in the way of Christmas/Advent info, but oh well. I guess, in the spirit of Christmas, I'll at least try to make them sound like they fit the season:

*My mom has become a seasoned blogger, for which I'm quite proud of her (especially because hers looks a lot cooler than mine). Recently she blogged about materialism and what matters most. If you don't see the connection between that and this season, I don't even know what to say...

*Unfortunately, my mom isn't the only person to pick up blogging. I guess they'll let anybody get on and start spouting a deadly mixture of arrogance and ignorance, because Tom Delay has started blogging. Just like Christmas in America, Delay is a great example of Christian tradition with Christ sucked out of it.

*Pat Robertson is the antichrist. Or at least an antichrist, depending on your method of reading scripture.

*The Barna group just realeased their 12 Most Significant Religious Findings of 2006.

*NPR's This I Believe series is always a great listen. A couple days ago, though, I heard the best one yet. Listen to Richard Rohr and be happy there's somebody like this getting at least a couple of minutes of air time.

*A better Transformers trailer! That's all I wanted for Christmas!

*Miroslav Volf recently wrote a great article for the Christian Century on forgiveness. A must read.

I feel like I could add links forever, but I'll stop now. I don't know if I'll be blogging much in the next 10 days, so if I don't see you, have a great Christmas and thanks for stopping by.

Matt

1 comment:

Colin Potts said...

Hey I blogged.