Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Mennonites and Mining

The Mennonite Central Committee is a very impressive group of people living out their faith in some very practical but important ways. I've been impressed by their worldwide efforts in the past, and was happy to read about their recent efforts to fight destructive mining habits within the U.S. Between that and the British announcement about global warming (unfortunately it was economically rather than humanitarianly based, but what else is new in the terrible world of capitalism), I'm feeling rather upbeat about being an agent for change today. Add into the mix the nasty moustache I grew for my Halloween outfit, and I would have to say that I am feeling invincible!

Happy Halloween, you heathens!
Matt

1 comment:

Kurt Ingram said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.