Monday, August 28, 2006

Back with Quotes!

Well, I'm back. I might try to throw up a pic or two from either my mission excursion or my Texan vacation. For now, I'll just throw out a small tidbit of conversation I read in The Name of the Rose. I had no idea how good of a book it would be; and on so many levels! Anyways, here's a bit of discussion between Adso (the narrarator) and William (the "detective" and elder of the two):

“But then…” I ventured to remark, “you are still far from the solution…”
“I am very close to one,” William said, “but I don’t know which.”
“Therefore you don’t have a single answer to your questions?”
“Adso, if I did I would teach theology in Paris.”
“In Paris do they always have the true answers?”
“Never,” William said, “but they are very sure of their errors.”
“And you,” I said with childish impertinence, “never commit errors?”
“Often,” he answered. “But instead of conceiving only one, I imagine many, so I become the slave of none.”

Peace,
Matt

Reads: The Name of the Rose, A Consumer's Republic, The Symposium (by Plato), and am almost done with Jarred Diamond's book Collapse. My nerdiness is at an all-time high.

1 comment:

Colin Potts said...

HEY I PUT A BUNCH OF AUDIO LINKS ON MY BLOG. CHECK IT OUT.