Friday, March 03, 2006

Matt News!

Some of the stuff I've been up to lately is pretty exciting, so I thought I'd share...

First of all, I started writing a book today. I'm already realizing that I am probably biting off more than I can chew, and it will most likely never get published or read, but it's exciting for me anyways. It is about Genesis, though I would not say it is a commentary. It's more like an attempt by me to get readers to ask harder questions about the origins of all that is. I'm trying to do this through frustrating questions, dissecting commonly held assumptions, and making some "what if" statements that have the potential to challenge status quo faith. So far I've been quoting children's books, musicians, theologians, linguists, philosophers, and Biblical scholars; in other words, it's Matt's kind of book. We'll see how it pans out, and you can feel free to ask me as time goes by (it might help keep me on track).

Last Sunday we set up an experiential walk-through based on the minor prophets and inspired by Jonny Baker. I have pictures to share if I ever figure out how to add pics to this blog. Anyways, it was an amazing experience. Students were honest about their own sins, their frustrations with God, etc. Most days I think my high school students have a deeper faith than most adults I meet.

There's more to say, but I think I'll end on this: I bought Walk the Line on the day it came out and have already watched it twice. Cash is awesome, and I'll have words with anyone who thinks otherwise.

Peace,
Matt

Currently Reading: Creativity by Matthew Fox.

No comments: