Thursday, January 19, 2006

Bits & Pieces

Just went on a retreat with the pastoral staff of my church. Luckily I've put myself on an attitude check as of late, so I attempted humility and had a few good discussions. Unfortunately I threw my back out 2 weeks ago, and all my healing went downhill and I am once again bent-over and sufferring from some pretty severe pain. It absolutely sucks in a way I cannot even describe.

In other news, I started a second blog for my youth ministry volunteers. It's for comments/questions as we continue reading through the Biblical narrative. Our students are doing it as well, so I may or may not tell them about it too.

Peace,
Matt

Currently Reading: Suffering Divine Things: Theology As Church Practice by Reinhard Hutter. Tough stuff. Maybe I'll say more later, as I just started it 15 minutes ago. Oh, and I still want to say something about the Freud book I read. I also read another short Karl Rahner book called The Eternal Yes while I was gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look forward to your comments on the books.

Peace,
Jamie